Monday, April 25, 2011

Business Cards v2.0


Back in December I began re-designing my business cards. I have to say though, I was never fully satisfied with the result. Consequently, the design sat unused and unordered for the past 5 months. I have spent a few days throughout those months pulling up the design and tweaking it but just couldn't seem to settle on what I wanted. Well, a few days ago I had my breakthrough. To most it probably doesn't seem like much, but you know what they say, "We are our own worst critics."

FRONT

BACK
A quick detail: I had the front logo and main text foiled to add a bit of flare while the rest of the card will remain matte black. The back is matte finish as well. I will post images when they arrive, provided I am satisfied.

Throughout the spectrum of humanity, from those who are enamored with design and aesthetics to those who would claim ignorance, we as humans inherently possess an appreciation for the way things look. Undoubtedly this can be seen in some of our most basic behaviors such as our search for a mate. What is it about this girl that I find so irresistible? Countless studies have been performed by the scientific community to quantify beauty (symmetry is one concept that tends to come up a lot). The whole concept of how individuals discern "beauty" is something I find particularly fascinating. The reason I bring all that up is simply that in designing my card, I found myself obsessing over some of the smallest little details. It was almost like that scene from American Psycho... Thankfully, in the end, it was quite a bit less violent!

I ordered from VistaPrint.com and the cards should currently be en route!

No comments:

Post a Comment